Travels: Yosemite

I know our trip to Yosemite National Park was quite a while ago, but we had such a fantastic time that I thought I should share our experience.

In late 2007, Nathan and I took a super short camping trip to Yosemite National Park. We camped at the foot of Half Dome, hiked to Vernal Falls (and part-way to Nevada Falls), took a driving tour of the Valley Floor, and explored Mariposa Grove.

The trip was far too short, so we're already planning another visit in the near future. In the meanwhile, feast your eyes on this eye candy!

Below was our view of Half Dome from our tent. It was surreal to wake up to this view; it kind of felt like being in an Ansel Adams print.

This was the gorgeous stream that ran through our campground. I know it may seem like a waste to have such a beautiful landscape in something like a campground, but this is Yosemite - gorgeousness everywhere!

Our campsite.

On our driving tour through Vosemite Valley, I snapped this shot of El Capitan (on the left).

On our hike to Vernal Falls, I thought that the "giant sequoias" were incredible!

Then, we went to Mariposa Grove and I saw real giant sequoias. Too funny...

0 comments: